Thursday, January 31, 2013

My New Month's Resolutions

Ok, I realize it's January 31st.  I'm going to use the end of this month going into February as an excuse to adjust a couple things in my life.  (well, by God's grace)

My January schedule has felt frantic.  To be honest, I feel like my schedule dominated me and I haven't lived as well as I could.

So here is my hope for February, just 2 things.

Walk A Little More Slowly

This is literal and figurative.  When things start moving super fast we tend to rush by what's right in front of us.  I long to find God in the midst of the journey not just in the destination.  By walking (and living) a little more slowly perhaps I'll see and respond better to what's right in front of me.

Schedule A Little More Wisely

Simple things like not scheduling meetings back to back to back.  Placing margin in the day will give opportunity to be on time, but also provide a little space to think and reflect.

How has your January been?  SHOULD you have a couple new month's resolutions?

Take a few minutes to reflect on your January.  Remember, small adjustments can have great impact.


No comments:

Post a Comment