Thursday, January 28, 2010

Humility: Final Thoughts

This morning I finished my study / meditation on humility. I wonder if I'm more humble now than I was when I began focusing on humility last month? I'm not sure.


One thing is very true, there is more awareness and repentance; aware of thoughts and words that reflect my prideful heart. Learning to walk in humility is a lifelong journey. As always I'm aware that God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.


I definitely don't want to be rejected by God and without a doubt I'm a man in need of grace.


BTW, I would recommend the book, "Humility, True Greatness" by C.J. Mahaney. I honestly know nothing about him or his ministry but God has used this book as a spotlight to expose pockets of pride in my life. For that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment