Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why Will is my hero




I just got off the phone with one of my church youth leaders. Will is an older guy (like me, he's to my left) who teaches some type of computer class in a junior college. I actually have no comprehension of what he teaches, I'm not that smart.


He's one of my heroes because he loves Jesus and cares well for students.


He teaches 5 classes and is taking, yes, taking 2 classes himself. With all that he still finds the time to spend with some 9th grade guys. He takes them to McDonalds, picks them up for church and then takes them home. He's the kind of leader I would like to be.


More than anything he just wants to be faithful, to get up early to spend time with Jesus and do his best to live an authentic life.


Will, thanks for who you are and what you do.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, David! You know I love being a part of our student ministry and I thank you for the words of encouragement! It's a pleasure to serve alongside of you, Shelley, the interns, and all the other volunteers as we serve our Lord by serving His kids. What a joy it is! Thanks again and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete